Sunday 10 April 2016

Favourite Radio 1 Covers.


Since I've previously written a blog post of music, I thought that I might make this a regular thing as I listen to a lot of music and it means a lot to me so I thought it would be a good idea. Lately I've been listening to many covers on Radio One so I thought that it would be a good idea to show you some of my favourites, so that you can get an insight into the music that I like. I hope you enjoy and the covers that I recommend are not in any specific order as I love them all equally no matter how cringy that sounds. 


Craig David covering Justin Bieber's Love Yourself
This cover is personally one of my favourites especially with the amount of times that I've listened to it. Craig David's voice works perfectly with this upbeat Bieber song and even adds a new twist to it. 


 Taylor Swift covering Vance Joy's Riptide
When Riptide came out as a single it honestly became one of my favourite songs and I honestly had high hopes that Taylor was going to give it justice and that was exactly what she did. She covered the song perfectly and kept it pretty close to the original. 



Miley Cyrus covering Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness
When I first heard this cover I honestly wasn't expecting much as I knew that it was certainly going to be hard for anyone to cover a song by Lana Del Rey. However Miley's cover definitely did succeed my expectations and I enjoyed it quite a bit. 



Bastille covering Miley Cyrus' We Can't Stop
Now Bastille have always been one of my favourite bands and even to this day they are up there. I really loved their cover of this song and found their incorporation of Billy Rae Cryus' song with it too greatly amusing. 


Rizzle Kicks covering Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness
This is the second time a cover of this song has appeared within the list however I absolutely love this cover as Rizzle Kicks certainly make the song sound a lot more upbeat.



Sigala & Craig David covering See You Again
Oddly I wasn't too sure whether I was going to like this cover or not even though Craig David featured on it yet after listening to it I must admit I really liked it. This previously melancholy song had been given an upbeat summer vibe which was perfect. It also included a cheeky cover of Little Mix's Black Magic which worked really well with it.  

-Natalie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment