Wednesday 1 June 2016

Horror film recommendations.


Horror has always been my favourite genre when it comes to films, even though that may sound odd as not everyone is keen on them. However these are the types of films that I have spent a great deal of time watching while growing up thus why I have decided to recommend some to you.

House Of Wax (2005)

House Of Wax is one of those films that you either instantly hate or love, and this is one that I certainly did love. I found the whole premise of the film rather uncanny which is what made it so good. Not only was the plot hooking but the acting was also up to standards even though Paris Hilton was also within the film. However I wouldn't completely class this as a horror as it isn't very scary or gory. 

Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)

It's rather crazy to think that this film came out over a decade ago now, yet I still can remember it pretty well. What more could you ask for from a horror film than a slasher showdown? I think the whole concept of two of the most well known slasher icons from horror films having a showdown was what made me love the film so much. 

The Strangers (2008)

When I first watched this film I wasn't that keen on it because I found it slightly slow however after watching it a few times I have begun to rather like it. I found the plot rather interesting and believable which is rare when it comes to horror films. This is certainly one you should go into watching with an open mind. 


The Breed (2006)

This film is rather different from some of the stereotypical horror movies as it offers an enemy/killer which is quite realistic. Without spoiling much of the plot this film is about a breed of dogs which are interested in killing humans. As this was different from the normal horror films I've watched I rather enjoyed it. 

The Ring (2002)

Similar to The Grudge, The Ring offers a scary and creepy young girl killer which also seems to be rare within the genre. Based upon a Japanese novel, the film offers a creative and unique story line which keeps you gripped to the very end. 

-Natalie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment