Thursday 30 June 2016

The Unpopular Book Opinions Tag.

Hello fellow bloggers;
I've seen this tag being carried out by many a booktuber so I thought that it would be interesting and fun to carry it out myself so here we go. ALSO I thought it would be best to state that these are just my own opinions. 

1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.

One certain book comes to mind when I think of my answer to this question and that is Looking For Alaska by John Green. Typically I've been very fond of anything that John Green has written however I didn't like this novel at all. Personally I found the whole progression of the novel very slow and tedious which wasn't aided by some of the unlikeable characters. I couldn't bring myself to like Alaska within it at all, and maybe that's the exact reason why I didn't like the book overall. 

2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.

I'm not sure if this book is exactly classed as popular however from reading the reviews on Goodreads, it doesn't seem to receive the praise that it deserves and this is regards to Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield. Overall on the website it only has received an average of 3.39 out of 5 which seems quite low to me since I certainly enjoyed the mysteriousness and beauty of it. 

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did not want them to end up with or an OTP that you don't like.
*Just a warning this does contain spoilers.* 

This one was very hard to decide however I could only think of one love triangle which I wasn't too happy about the outcome of and that was within the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I do love Peeta a great deal however I spent most of the trilogy hoping that Katniss would chose Gale instead. 

4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.

There aren't many book genres that I don't read however I'm not personally very keen on the Fantasy genre.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

This is where I go for Alaska yet again. 

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

My answer to this has to be J.K. Rowling.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples: 'lost princess', corrupt ruler, love triangles).

I'm certainly tired of love triangles as I don't find them interesting at all. 

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

I have no interest at all in getting into the Harry Potter series as I believe that it is something that isn't going to interest me a great deal thus linking with my lack of interest in the fantasy genre. 

9. The saying goes "the book adaption is always better than the movie", but what film or television show do you prefer more than the book?

I found the television version of The Vampire Diaries much better than the books. 

I hope you've enjoyed this book tag, and feel free to comment any opinions that you have.



No comments:

Post a Comment